The pigeons released during the Republic Day ceremony did not fly away - they fell to the ground, most of them dead. BBMP widlelife volunteers rescued some of them. It is now reported that these pigeons were sick, and they were bought from the Russel Market. The BBMP officials have proposed that in future the ceremony of releasing pigeons should be banned.
There is a small issue here. I was under the impression that keeping and trading in wild animals and birds like pigeons and parakeets is supposed to be illegal. Am I right or wrong? If I am right, why is the Govt purchasing these birds from the Russel market, instead of arressting the traders?
There is a small issue here. I was under the impression that keeping and trading in wild animals and birds like pigeons and parakeets is supposed to be illegal. Am I right or wrong? If I am right, why is the Govt purchasing these birds from the Russel market, instead of arressting the traders?
No comments:
Post a Comment